The 7 Best Backlit Keyboard Laptops Reviewed
Backlit keyboards aren’t optional for those working in a variety of settings. Working in the dark while sitting on the couch watching Netflix or gaming with RGB as the sole source of light require backup lights on the keys for easier typing. Even if you just need to work in bed or in a library, coffee shop, or anywhere else, bright keys make typing a much easier chore.
Even if you are an expert typer, finding the function keys in the dark may cause some challenges. As the function is so affordable to add and so convenient to use, why not choose a laptop with this function? The real question is whether you want a simple white light or rich RGB colors. Let’s take a look at the seven best options available in a variety of categories to suit any needs.
Best Backlit Keyboard Laptops
1. Apple MacBook Air
With the new Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip, you get more than just a backlit screen, but the newest computer with an incredible processor. Although, do note the backlighting only comes in regular white color, but it’s adjustable. Moreover, you can shut it off at the touch of a button too for when you don’t need it and want to conserve energy.
Beyond the wonderful backlighting, the laptop includes all of Apple’s fantastic software such as Safari, notes, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, GarageBand, and Apple TV, along with so much more. All of these apps and many more will run exceptionally well with the 8GB 8-core M1 processor. Moreover, the new silicone processor doesn’t heat up and does not require a fan making this an exceptionally quiet machine.
Next, the laptop comes with plenty of storage with 512GB on a solid-state drive for speedy access to your information. All on a 13-inch screen inside of a lightweight frame of only 2.8 pounds. Moreover, the laptop includes touch ID and impressive 18-hour battery life. You also get an 8-core GPU for faster graphics and even Dolby Atmos sound, a mic, and a camera.
Finally, the computer comes with a Retina display with 25 percent more colors than sRGB for razor-sharp images and text. It even has True Tone technology to automatically adjust the color temperature to your environment. Gain even more benefit from the precision touchpad, access to Wi-Fi 6, and easy cohesion between all of your Apple products.
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
2. Lenovo Yoga C740
If you want a 2-in-1 laptop with backlighting, check out the Lenovo Yoga C740 2-in-1 14″ FHD Touchscreen Laptop. It’s a great budget option, too, with a reasonable price ready to fit into most budgets. While you do not get as much RAM with this option, you get enough for more usability, but you may not want to pick this option if you plan to run power-hungry software like AutoCAD.
The Lenovo computer offers a ton of impressive features, including a Dolby Atmos speaker system. It includes a full HD display of 1920 x 1080 resolution for color clarity. With anti-glare and LED, the 14-inch display is even better. Also, it comes with an i5 Intel Core processor with quad cores for both speed and efficiency. The laptop also includes 8GB of RAM and a massive 2TB solid-state drive.
As a 2-in-1 laptop, this computer works in regular mode with a keyboard or as a touchscreen and flipped over in studio view. You still get Windows 10 Home for a familiar operating system. Furthermore, the laptop includes an HD webcam, Bluetooth, and a UHD graphics card. Also, it’s lightweight at just over 3 pounds and has a built-in fingerprint reader making it an exceptional bang for your buck.
- 【Upgraded】Seal is opened for upgrade only, 1-year warranty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from Snow Bell, and original 1-Year Manufacture warranty on remaining components. 【14" FHD multitouch screen IPS Display】1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Anti-glare Energy-efficient Wide LED screen.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U Processor, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 8GB DDR4 RAM, plenty of high-bandwidth to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 1TB SSD Save files fast and store more data. With plenty amounts of storage and advanced communication power, great for major gaming, multiple servers, backups, and more.
- Backlit keyboard for easy typing in dim or dark locations, allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing. Intel UHD Graphics with shared video memory provide image quality for Internet use, photo editing and casual gaming. Stereo Speaker System & Built-in 720p HD webcam.
- Windows 10 Home included. 3-cell Lithium-ion battery, 12.7" x 8.4" x 0.7", 3.09 lbs. 1 x USB 3.0 Type A Port, 1 x 3.5-mm headphone/microphone combo jack. Built-in fingerprint reader, 360° flip-and-fold design, Wireless-AC and Bluetooth, Mica, Bonus 32GB Snow Bell USB Card.
3. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
Get the Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop if you want a beast of a machine with RGB backlighting. Whether gaming, surfing the web or using processor-hungry software, this computer is ready to let you work in any lighting conditions with extremely visible keys. With four zones of customizable keyboard sections, you can make the computer look exactly as you like.
Each of the keys has see-through concave-shaped keycaps for WASD along with two integral keys for overclocking and to open the utility app. All the settings are controlled through easy to access software. Beyond coloring, you gain a massive screen size of 15.6 inches.
Any software you need can run on this 16GB of RAM laptop with 1TB of storage on a solid-state drive (SSD). Furthermore, the computer includes a 10th Gen Intel 6-Cord i7 processor ready to handle practically any feat, especially with the aforementioned Turbo Boost Technology. The Predator also features Bluetooth, an HD webcam, and surround sound built-in with DTS:X Ultra.
A refresh rate of 144Hz and a Nvidia Geforce RTX graphics card makes this an excellent gaming laptop. However, the battery life is short at about 6 hours. The computer is heavy too, at five and a half pounds. All this is worth the minor inconveniences thought with all the incredible specs, including a uniquely shaped fan designed for quiet performance.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan