The 5 Best Tablets for ZBrush Reviewed
Getting yourself a tablet is the best you can make as someone who wishes to reap the best from the artistic world.
Here is a sneak peek of what using a tablet in ZBrush offers you:
It gives the much-needed pressure sensitivity
A tablet makes work more accessible, detailed, and fun
Using a tablet enhances competitiveness
You can undo your work at the slightest mistake
By definition, a drawing tablet is a computer input device that utilizes a pen to sculpt. A tablet enables you to sense how hard you are pressing down on the cell to intensify the brush stroke. Moreover, a tablet notifies you of the direction you are tilting the pen while trying to alter the effect of brush strokes.
You can use a tablet alone or together with the mouse. However, please take note that it does need time to maneuver your way through this device before things can run smoothly. There are various tablets for ZBrush to choose from, and below is a discussion of the five highly preferred in the artistic industry.
Best Tablets for ZBrush
1. Wacom Cintiq 22
Wacom Cintiq 22 presents a flat-screen display to draw on using the provided stylus. It has a 21.5-inch display size and an active area of 18.7 x 10.55 inches. You also enjoy a larger drawing area 1920 x 1080 full HD screen with the Cintiq 22.
It also comes fitted with an anti-glare film that helps cut down on reflections. It also has a laminated screen and reduced distance between the glass and screen, enhancing low parallax for accuracy. Cintiq 22 has a color display ability of 72% and can present 96% of the color range when supported by an sRGB color profile.
With this device, you are set to enjoy one of the best pens in the artistic world, a pro pen 2 with 8,192 pressure levels and 60 degrees of pen tilt recognition. This tablet is pressure-sensitive and fun to use. It also requires less effort to set up and use.
Unlike its Wacom counterparts, Wacom Cintiq 22 comes with a free stand that’s easy to use and adjustable to different angles. If you are an artist struggling with space, this is the right tablet for you as it does not take up too much desk space despite offering a big drawing area.
Equally important, Wacom Cintiq 22 has a penholder on its side that protects the pen from getting lost. It’s also a neat product to use as the cables are nicely tucked to the side. It accepts remotes from the other Wacom tablets; thus, you won’t have to buy another remote for this device.
- A more affordable pen Display with Wacom Pro Pen 2 technology, 8, 192 pressure levels, low activation force and tilt recognition. Its amazing precision and reduced Parallax provide the most natural drawing experience.
- Cintiq’s 21.5” 1920x1080 HD Display provides you with clarity to see every detail of your work. The scratch-resistant Anti-Glare surface prevents distracting reflections as you create
- See your creations in vibrant color on the cinq's HD display (16.7 million colors, 72% NTSC/Cue 1931 typical). Work as long as you'd like with the battery free pen that charges off the screen while you create
- Connect to your computer with the convenient HDMI and USB cables and get into the perfect position with the included adjustable stand that lets you adjust how you want to work
- What’s in the box: Wacom Cintiq 22 pen display, Wacom Pro Pen 2, detachable pen holder with 3 replacement nibs (standard) and nib removal tool, Adjustable Stand, HDMI & USB 2.0 cables, AC adaptor, power cable (1.8m), quick start guide
2. Apple iPad Pro
This is the best tablet for you if you are looking for a multi-use device; you can watch a video, take handwritten notes or even scan documents while using the Apple iPad Pro. Moreover, this device is light in weight and easy to carry around, and you don’t have to attach it to a computer to use it.
It is super-fast and has a 10.9 display size and a 10.2 x 7.44 drawing area. Apple iPad Pro tablet also makes it possible to get more layers and larger resolutions because it’s a faster processor. Its 2nd generation pencil is even more precise and offers a spectacular brightness of 450 nits.
Apple iPad Pro offers a 2160 x 1620 pixel resolution and can produce 105% of the sRGB color spectrum.
Moreover, Apple iPad Pro comes fitted with a powerful Procreate app that is user-friendly and has free tutorials and special add ons. Getting you an Apple iPad Pro means saying goodbye to power problems as this tablet can hold power for approximately 10 hours. ‘
Watch this video if you would like to see the iPad Pro in action with the ZBrush application:
- 12.9-inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- A12Z Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner
- 7MP TrueDepth front camera
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
3. HUION KAMVAS 22>
Huion Kamvas 22 tablet has a 21.5 inch 1080p full HD IPS display that is crystal clear and fun working on. Additionally, this device comes fitted with anti-glare glass etched onto the surface that makes you feel like you are drawing on paper.
The Huion Kamvas 22 tablet offers a dual touch bar ideal for left-handed and right-handed individuals with 20 programmable keys. It has a drawing area of 25 x 17.8 inches.
Apart from being a drawing tablet Huion Kamvas 22 also serves as a full-fledged PC. This tablet is portable and enjoys a compact design. The Huion Kamvas 22 tablet also offers a high-performance screen, and it’s super-fast, something made possible by its 6C/6T processor.
You also won’t have to worry about speed when performing many tasks on the devices as it runs on 8GB or 16GB RAM that makes it fast. Huion Kamvas 22 has dual-channel storage, namely the 1TB HDD and 120 GB or 240 GB SSD.
This tablet is ideal for color fanatics as it offers more than 16 million colors to choose from, plus amazing visuals. You will also get a battery-free pen that offers 8192 levels of pressure and tilt recognition tech.
It also has a cooling system that helps stop the processor from overheating and a ten different harness facilitating playing games on the tablet without much trouble. You will also enjoy an adjustable stand, a wireless mouse, and a keyboard when purchasing this device.
- Full Lamination Technology：The laminated screen of Kamvas 22 Plus helps reduce the parallax to the lowest and gives you full control on the cursor to where you expect to be. Plus, with the etched anti-glare glass panel, it reduces most unwanted glare offering you a natural pen-to-paper drawing feeling.
- Brilliant QD LCD Screen：powered by Quantum Dot, Kamvas 22 Plus provides realistic color accuracy up to 140%s RGB. Moreover, with 1080p HD resolution,1200:1 strong contrast and 178° wide viewing angle, your artwork will be presented in amazing detail and clarity with exceptionally vibrant and lifelike color performance.
- Premium Pen Technology：Benefit from the Huion PenTec3.0, PW517 is optimized with Capacitive Pressure Sensor making it responsive to every pen movement with virtually no lags. Shorten pen nibs and better nib firmness make the pen tip barely bounce back to improve accuracy and reduce offset. Along with 8192 pressure levels, tilt response and lag free tracking, PW517 delivers the most accurate and natural pen performance.
- Easy Cable Connection: you can connect Huion Kamvas 22 Plus to your computer easily with the included convenient 3in1 Type-C cable or with the optional full-featured Type-C to Type-C cable. A USB-A port is added to connect flash disk, keyboard, mouse or other devices. The user-friendly connection design will bring you better convenience and higher efficiency.An adjustable stand is included to help you get into the perfect position to start your creation.
- Work with Mac/Windows/Android: Kamvas 22 plus drawing monitor could work with Mac(MacOS 10.12 or later) and Windows computer(Windows 7 or later), moreover, you can connect it to your android devces with the included full-featured USB-C cable to release your inspiration whenever and wherever you want. Note：Your android device is supposed to support USB3.1 GEN1 or DP 1.2.
4. XP-PEN Artist22E Pro
XP-PEN Artist22E Pro has a 21.5-inch screen display that features 1080p resolution and a 77-82% accurate Adobe RGB Color Gamut. It also has an extra-wide 178 degrees viewing angle that enhances rich detail viewing. Purchasing this drawing tablet will leave you with 16 customizable shortcut keys to help you juggle between your works.
You will also have your screen looking clear and beautiful in extreme brightness due to this tablet’s custom-designed anti-reflective coating that can reduce glare by 56 percent.
It’s ideal for both left-handers and right-hand users. This device comes with two rechargeable styluses that can last you for two months each when fully charged. You will also get spare nibs, a stand, and a cleaning cloth when you purchase this tablet.
Additionally, the XP-PEN Artist22E pro comes with a multi-function stylus holder that helps safe-keep the pen nibs. It’s also a super responsive device with a 266RPS that works to give you a lag-free sculpting journey.
It boasts 8192 pressure sensitivity levels and two-fingered drawing gloves that help keep the screen clean and prevent the palm from sticking to